This research work tilled “ Public Relations as a tool for Customer Attraction and Retention in the service Industry ( A case study of NTA Enugu services to some selected financial institutions)” was carried out with the objective of: - Finding out the impact of public relations on consumer patronage of NTA Services
- Finding out of public relations a successful tool in attracting and retaining customers.
- Finding out which public relations tools are most effective.
- Recommending what can be done to maintain and enhance public relations and its positive effect on the company.
In achieving the above objectives, related literature were reviewed on how public relations can be effective to service industries. In addition secondary and primary data were collected from customers of NTA station Enugu. Population of the study impresses both relevant staff and management of NTA, two service companies which are NICON Insurance and Union Bank was studied. A population of 21 was used for the staff of NTA while 55 was used for the consumers. The researcher used census survey because the population is small and could be studied completely. According to questionnaire collected and interview conducted relevant data were analyzed and hypotheses tested. The analyzed data brought out the followings: - That public relation as a vital tool in attracting customers
- Also that public relations helps NTA in attracting and relating it’s numerous customers.
- That without effective and efficient public relations activities on the services industry (NTA) I customer relationship can not be cordial and this companies can never satisfy their customers let alone retaining them.
Based on the findings the following recommendations were made. - A market oriented public relations department should be built by the management of all service industries especially NTA Enugu.
- Public relations tools employed by a company can attract and retain patronage. The impact of these tools on consumers can only be determined though researching into public relations activities so that the consumer will be satisfied.
- Every staff of NTA should always be conscious of their treatment to customers. Although a majority of those respondents claimed to have a satisfactory relationship with the staff on NTA. It is not a bad idea of all the respondents have the some vie. This will give an edge to the firm over their competitors. If the above suggestions and recommendation are effectively and efficiently followed, the Nigeria Authority (NTA) will witness an increase in their customer patronage and thereby reap the benefit of a positive button life on an going base.
Can't find what you are looking for? Hire An Eduproject Writer To Work On Your Topic or Call 0704-692-9508.
Proceed to Hire a Writer »