1.1 OVERVIEW OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
This passenger manifest information (PMI) is a kind of records that help individual flight to organized their passenger in a flight. This record in the flight. This record help them to know the members of passenger in the flight, without their records they can known the numbers of passenger in the flight. So the passenger manifest information contained the:
(1) Full name
(2) Date of birth
(3) Social security number
(4) Emergency contact
(5) Telephone number
From passenger traveling on flight with sosoliso airline (e.g., during the sosoliso airline disaster family assistance act of December 10th 2005. this law was passed to address the difficult associated with notification of the families in the aftermath of sosoliso airline crashes). This proposal is also being issued to fulfill a recommendation contained in the initial and final report of families that has be affect in the crashes. This passenger manifest information (PMI), is used to point out identify data elements that may point to a passenger who represents a security risk. Once highlighted, analytical specialists can them manually review these records and identify those passengers who should be subjected to additional screening upon their arrival.
1.2 DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
This study is all about the passengers manifest information (PMI) which is a records of individual passenger in the flight.
The researcher visited sosoliso airline and find out that the passenger manifest information contained the records of passenger (e.g., full name, date of birth and or social security number, emergency contact and telephone number). Which help them to organize their flight.
The examination of the existing system to determine what must be accomplished and the best method of accomplishing the necessary operation is know as SYSTEM ANALYSIS. The stages involved in the system analysis are listed below.
(1) The type of processing to be done by the system
(2) The input data “captured’ for the system
(3) The output required
(4) The file which could be kept and used
(5) The nature of processing i.e. its logic procedure stage and frequency.
1.3 METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
The researcher visited sosoliso airline and find out that the passenger manifest information (PMI) contained the records of passengers, which help them to organize their flight.
SOURCE OF DATA
This data is used in this research work were collected from primary and secondary source hence, they comprise of the following sources:
(1) Direct interview in (sosoliso airline)
(2) The internet
(3) Unpublished books (project)
(4) Pamphlets of general knowledge.
1.4 INTERVIEW METHOD
The researcher use the method of unstructured interview to carried out the research to know about the passenger manifest information in sosoliso airline. It ash one of the staff in the engineer department, the researcher know that the passenger manifest information contain the name, date of birth, contact address etc, of a passengers that booking for ticket to travel in a flight in the sosoliso airline company.
JUSTIFICATION OF THE NEW SYSTEM
(1) It satisfies the user requirement at the right time with in an acceptable level of accuracy
(2) It provides an effective security measure in order to avoid loss of stored data in the master file and also avoid fraud.
(3) It provides an adequate coding system to aid identification, comparison sorting, unification and elimination of ambiguities (error).
(4) It provides check and control, which are capable of detecting and dealing with exceptional circumstances and errors.
(5) It provides an adequate insight on policy matter and their effects on the passenger manifest information requirement system.